Tuesday, 27 October 2009

My Mexican bible


The name Rick Bayless doesn't mean much in the UK but ask any American and they'll probably know who you're talking about. Think of him as the Ken Hom of Mexican food. I first came across the "award-winning chef-restaurateur, cookbook author, and television personality" when I was given one of his books, Mexican Kitchen, which really inspired me to have a go at cooking Mexican at home. It's not only a great recipe book but also contains a lot of information about the ingredients and regionality of Mexican cuisine. It's the kind of cookery book you read in bed.
Mr Bayless has published several cookery books which are available from Amazon.co.uk. In addition, he runs several successul Mexican restaurants stateside, of which I'm yet to visit. For further details, go to www.rickbayless.com. Some recipes are available online and you can buy Frontera products from selected stockists in the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment